How much do I need to raise and how do I do it?
$150 minimum target.
$143 provides one more family with full support through their hospital journey - simply sharing this can be incentive enough for a few big donations!
PLUS, DONATIONS DOUBLED THIS WEEK! All donations matched from 9am Sunday 20th March until 9am Sunday 27th March (up to $10,000). Download the social tiles below:
Share these social tiles and encourage your family and friends to support you by sharing your personal fundraising page link!
Three quick tips:
Make sure that your personalised fundraising page is set up. Your personalised fundraising page is created when you sign up (to find yours log in here).
- Upload a picture of yourself: Upload a picture or a fun selfie. Putting a face to the name gives your page personality.
- Kickstart your fundraising: Some people may not want to be the first to donate or may not know how much to give, so make the first donation to start the fundraising rolling
- Let's do this together: Invite your friends and family to walk with you, or form a team. Amazing adventures should be shared with others. Simply share your individual or team page with them (by copying and pasting the URL). They will then be able to search for your team name when they register.
How else do I fundraise?
Successful fundraising is really simple. Most importantly the cause resonates with every parent and grandparent and it typically takes less than 10 donations to reach your minimum fundraising target.
To help you on your way we provide a range of support resources including:
- Fundraising tips via email
- Images/logos for social media sharing (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
- Example wording (check in your emails) to help get your fundraising message out there via email, social media and when you are chatting to friends.
- Dedicated Miracle Moon Walk Facebook and Instagram pages with plenty of great content for you to share (search @miraclemoonwalk) - so keep your eyes on these pages and SHARE, SHARE SHARE!
- Get creative! Create challenges for your friends and family, BYO donation at your next BBQ and more. Then, simply 'donate' the money you raised in person via your personal fundraising page!
- Contact [email protected] if you are planning something special and need some help.
Where does the money go?
All funds raised go directly to Miracle Babies Foundation and are fully tax deductible.
Miracle Babies Foundation is Australia’s leading not-for-profit organisation providing much needed support for premature and sick newborns, their families and the hospitals that care for them. It costs $143 to provide full support to one family during their hospital stay, this includes costs for support teams, supplies, operational costs and resources.
- $54 supports a grieving family: Miracle Babies provides special Memory Boxes, to provide solace to families after the loss of a baby due prematurity or sickness at birth. These special Memory Boxes are provided to families most often via the hospital.
- $64 supports a family during an unexpected hospital admission: If mother's condition worsens or something unexpected goes wrong during pregnancy, they may be immediately admitted. Many are also transferred a distance away from home, to a hospital with a NICU (some even hours away from their family). Miracle Babies provides support, along with our Emergency Care Pack, for some needed comfort and relief during this time.
- $143 provides support to one family during their journey in hospital: peer, emotional support is provided to families in the NICU or Special Care Nursery by Miracle Babies Support Team members (this is our NurtureTime service). Families are also provided support through additional support services such as the 24/7 NurtureLine and in-hospital resource packs.
- $715 supports a family through their first year after discharge (at home): includes our NurtureGroup (after discharge play and support group), along with other ongoing support services and resources.
- $854 supports a family through their entire journey (in hospital and at home for their first year)
Through vital services including the comprehensive NurtureProgram, Miracle Babies provides emotional support to families to help them cope through their journey in hospital and beyond.
The program is globally recognised in the Neonatal field and consists of the below;
- NurtureLine: 24 hour family support helpline, providing access to a trained support team.
- NurtureTime: Facilitated by qualified Miracle Babies Foundation volunteers, these support sessions operate within Australian NICU’s providing vital, comforting emotional support.
- NurtureGroups: Out-of-hospital play and support groups for families and carers who have experienced the birth of a premature or sick newborn. Health professionals such as speech pathologists, physiotherapists, family support nurses, social workers and occupational therapists may also attend NurtureGroups to support families.
- Miracle Babies Foundation also provides essential NurtureProgram Resources including; Emergency Care Packs, NICU Survival Packs which include the Nurture Guide Book (a helpful information guide for families to help them through their NICU experience and beyond), Memory Boxes for miracle babies who have passed, along with donations of clothing and items for premature and sick babies and the family.
Without the support of organisations like Miracle Babies Foundation, some families simply do not cope. With no regular government funding, your support will help to provide much needed services to more families across Australia. At Miracle Babies, we believe that no miracle and their family should have to go through this alone.
What happens if I can’t raise the minimum amount?
We expect participants to make every effort to reach the minimum target and will provide plenty of assistance and support. We do however recognise that everyone has different circumstances, so if you fall a little short of the minimum you won't be required to make up the difference.
When does fundraising close?
Fundraising will close 2 weeks after the event on the 9th April, 2022. So you will have time to follow up on those promised donations after the event.