How do I enter?
Simply click on the REGISTER
button and follow the instructions to pay your registration fee and set up your fundraising profile.
Can I enter a group or team?
Yes. To do this, you will just need to register first as an individual, you will then be able to create or join a team/group. If you would like to enter a team of 10 or more, please email [email protected]
and we’ll help you out.
Why are my team members not showing on my Team Page?
If you have registered a ‘Group’ then only you will have a personal fundraising page, and also only your name will appear on your Team page (if you have created one).
If each person in your group would like their own fundraising page, and to have their names also appear on the Team page, then please follow the steps below:
- Click this link to create their profile: Create a fundraising page - Miracle Moon Walk
A few notes:
- ‘Campaign name’: This is the individual’s name
- ‘Campaign amount’: The personal goal (you can put any amount in this box, the team amount will be as set up for the team anyway and this personal goal will not affect the team goal).
- Each individual needs their own email address
- The individual will go ahead and create their own account (they do not need login details for your Miracle Moon Walk group registration)
- Once they have done this, they will then have their own Miracle Moon Walk fundraising page. From here, they will be able to search for the team that has been created and ‘Join the Team’. It might help if you share the link to your Team page so that they can easily find it.
If you have any trouble, get in touch with the team and we can help you out [email protected].
I can’t find my own personal fundraising page?
If you have been registered as ‘Group’ then only the person that registered you will have a personal fundraising page, also only their name will appear on your Team page (if one has been created).
If you would like your own fundraising page, and to have your name also appear on the Team page, then please follow the steps in the above ‘Why are my team members not showing on my team page?’.
Are there age restrictions for the 10km walk?
No, all ages are welcome – hopefully the kids and grandparents don’t show you up. If you get tired, there will be plenty of opportunities to shorten your trip if you need to.
Can I change my entry?
Yes, if you have trouble changing any of the details you can email [email protected]
and we'll help you out.
Where is the start and finish?
The Event Hub will be at Martin Place, in the heart of Sydney CBD and will be the location of the start and finish of the walk.
What is the route?
The Miracle Moon Walk route takes in the very best of the city and harbour by night. In addition to the iconic locations you would expect, we have a few surprises that will remind you why Sydney one of the world’s greatest cities. Roads will not be closed, and the route follows pavements and parkland paths. The few road intersections will be marshalled, and normal road rules should be followed at all times.
The main event is the Miracle Moon Walk, which is 10km – that is about 2 - 3 hours of easy walking. There are many opportunities to shorten your walk if you need to along the way though so don't be put off!
What is the distance?
How do I get there?
The Event Hub is easy to get to via either public transport or car. The event programme will include closest parking and best public transport options, sent out the week before the event.
Can I dress up and what should I wear?
Dressing up is highly recommended. There are prizes for the best team outfits and we’ll be handing out free entries for next year’s walk to the best dressed Miracle Moon Walkers. Being a night walk means that ‘glow is the go’, so break out the LED headband, glow jewellery and flashing laces and light up your walk. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and its probably a good idea to take a light jumper.
Are children allowed to take part?
Yes! Babies and children are welcome to attend the event. Children under 12 years are free. Note: All children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
I have a disability, can i take part?
Disabled entrants are most welcome to take part, although due to the nature of the event we ask you to contact us prior to entering as some disabilities may not find the event feasible.
Can I run?
No, the Miracle Moon Walk is a walking only event.
What facilities are available?
At the event hub, you will find easy access to public toilets and food outlets. Toilets are located within the MLC centre, conveniently right behind the event hub in Martin Place.
How safe is it?
The entire event has been planned to ensure a safe and secure environment throughout. There is extensive signage to ensure you stay on track, numerous marshals including at all road crossings, and first aid support at the Event Centre. The route follows well lit areas and you don’t need a torch or headlamp. We will have a secure bag drop facility that ensures you can leave your before and after event gear and just take what you need with you on the walk.
This year's event will also be COVID Safe, in accordance with NSW Government regulations. We continue to work closely with City of Sydney and COVID safe plans are in place and any further changes will be implemented if needed. These changes to the event, as a result of COVID, will be shared in the Program (released one week out from the event), however based on current circumstances, are very minor due to the nature of our event. Thankfully, we are in a good position and can continue to run the event in a safe way without major disruptions. If in the case of sudden cancellation, all registrations are entitled to a refund.
What do I receive for my entry fee?
Your entry fee guarantees a fantastic night with all sorts of event and fundraising goodies including:
- Event t-shirt – which you must walk in (pick your t-shirt up on the night from the registration desk)
- Personalised bib with unique walker number and bag tag
- Miracle Moon Walk fundraising gifts (if raised $150 or more)
- An entry pack with glow goodies and your walk map
- Photo station, support stops around the course to add to the fun and laughter PLUS a special keepsake collected along the walk
*Kids under 12 are free, therefore you do not need to pay a registration fee or register them via the event website.
Children under 12 do not receive an event T-Shirt or Walk Pack as they do not pay registration, however there is still plenty for the little ones including free face painting & balloon twisting along with a dress up competition; best dressed will win a $200 Bright Star Kids voucher.
Plus, if you like, you can order a kid's T-shirt online or purchase at the event for $15 - available closer to the date (make sure to like our Facebook page for updates @miraclemoonwalk).
If you would like to create a profile for your child (under 12 years) to fundraise for the Miracle Moon Walk, contact [email protected]
What happens if the event is cancelled?
If for any reason the event must be cancelled, all registrations will be refunded automatically. This is registration fee paid to attend the event (and excludes donations through your own fundraising efforts).
Due to the nature of charity donations and because Miracle Babies Foundation regularly remits funds to our programs and services, we are under no obligation to give refunds on donations. Decisions on refunds under extraordinary circumstances will be at the discretion of Miracle Babies Foundation’s management.
If a donation is refunded, the associated tax receipt is no longer valid so it should be securely destroyed. Please note it is your responsibility to submit only correct receipts to the Australian Tax Office.
'Stroll with Redsbaby' Competition Terms & Conditions
- Prize: One registered participant of the Miracle Moon Walk 2021 will recieve one x Redsbaby JIVE3 Pram (value of $899).
- Competition Period: 1st January 2020 and March 15th 2021.
- Entry: All registrations submitted between 1st January 2020 and March 15th 2021 will be automatically entered into the draw (note: this only includes participants who have stated that they will have kids attending).
- Claiming the prize: The winner will be announced via social media and contacted via phone and email. The winner will be responsible for confirming their child's age/s. The winner MUST have a child under the age of 3 years. Miracle Babies Foundation will draw the winner on Tuesday March 16th and the winner has until Thursday 17th March to respond. If the winner does not meet criteria, then another winner will be drawn. The prize will be presented to the winner at the Miracle Moon Walk on Saturday 27th March, 2021, after the Welcome Ceremony and before the walk commences (between 5.30-6pm). The winner on accepting the prize agrees to:
- Be photographed with the pram at the start line at the Miracle Moon Walk, as the walk commences.
- Photographs from the event being used by Redsbaby on their channels, including social media.
- Provide proof of child's age (if requested)
- Promoter Details: The Promoter is Miracle Babies Foundation of 1/1-13 Childs Rd, Chipping Norton NSW 2170 ABN: 14137434596.