How do I enter?
Simply click on the REGISTER
button and follow the instructions to pay your registration fee and set up your fundraising profile.
Can I enter a group or team?
Yes. To do this, you will just need to register first as an individual, you will then be able to create or join a team/group. If you would like to enter a team of 10 or more, please email [email protected]
and we’ll help you out.
Are there age restrictions for the 10km walk?
No, all ages are welcome – hopefully the kids and grandparents don’t show you up. If you get tired, there will be plenty of opportunities to shorten your trip if you need to.
Can I change my entry?
Yes, if you have trouble changing any of the details you can email [email protected]
and we'll help you out.
Where is the start and finish?
The Event Hub will be at Martin Place, in the heart of Sydney CBD and will be the location of the start and finish of the walk.
What is the route?
The Miracle Moon Walk route takes in the very best of the city and harbour by night. In addition to the iconic locations you would expect, we have a few surprises that will remind you why Sydney one of the world’s greatest cities. Roads will not be closed, and the route follows pavements and parkland paths. The few road intersections will be marshalled, and normal road rules should be followed at all times.
The main event is the Miracle Moon Walk, which is 10km – that is about 2 - 3 hours of easy walking. There are many opportunities to shorten your walk if you need to along the way though so don't be put off!
What is the distance?
How do I get there?
The Event Hub is easy to get to via either public transport or car. The event programme will include closest parking and best public transport options, sent out the week before the event.
Can I dress up and what should I wear?
Dressing up is highly recommended. There are prizes for the best team outfits and we’ll be handing out free entries for next year’s walk to the best dressed Miracle Moon Walkers. Being a night walk means that ‘glow is the go’, so break out the LED headband, glow jewellery and flashing laces and light up your walk. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes and its probably a good idea to take a light jumper.
Are children allowed to take part?
Yes! Babies and children are welcome to attend the event. Children under 12 years are free. Note: All children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
I have a disability, can i take part?
Disabled entrants are most welcome to take part, although due to the nature of the event we ask you to contact us prior to entering as some disabilities may not find the event feasible.
Can I run?
No, the Miracle Moon Walk is a walking only event.
What facilities are available?
At the event hub, you will find easy access to public toilets and food outlets. Toilets are located within the MLC centre, conveniently right behind the event hub in Martin Place.
How safe is it?
The entire event has been planned to ensure a safe and secure environment throughout. There is extensive signage to ensure you stay on track, numerous marshals including at all road crossings, and first aid support at the Event Centre. The route follows well lit areas and you don’t need a torch or headlamp. We will have a secure bag drop facility that ensures you can leave your before and after event gear and just take what you need with you on the walk.
What do I receive for my entry fee?
Your entry fee guarantees a fantastic night with all sorts of event and fundraising goodies including:
- Event t-shirt – which you must walk in (pick your t-shirt up on the night from the registration desk)
- Personalised bib with unique walker number and bag tag
- Miracle Moon Walk fundraising gifts (if raised $150 or more)
- An entry pack with glow goodies and your walk map
- Photo station, support stops around the course to add to the fun and laughter PLUS a special keepsake collected along the walk
*Kids under 12 are free, therefore you do not need to pay a registration fee or register them via the event website.
Children under 12 do not receive an event T-Shirt or Walk Pack as they do not pay registration, however there is still plenty for the little ones including free face painting & balloon twisting along with a dress up competition; best dressed will win a $200 Bright Star Kids voucher.
Plus, if you like, you can order a kid's T-shirt online or purchase at the event for $15 - available closer to the date (make sure to like our Facebook page for updates @miraclemoonwalk).
If you would like to create a profile for your child (under 12 years) to fundraise for the Miracle Moon Walk, contact [email protected]
What happens if the event is cancelled?
If for any reason the event must be cancelled, all registrations will be refunded automatically. This is registration fee paid to attend the event (and excludes donations through your own fundraising efforts).
Due to the nature of charity donations and because Miracle Babies Foundation regularly remits funds to our programs and services, we are under no obligation to give refunds on donations. Decisions on refunds under extraordinary circumstances will be at the discretion of Miracle Babies Foundation’s management.
If a donation is refunded, the associated tax receipt is no longer valid so it should be securely destroyed. Please note it is your responsibility to submit only correct receipts to the Australian Tax Office.
'Stroll with Redsbaby' Competition Terms & Conditions
- Prize: One registered participant of the Miracle Moon Walk 2021 will recieve one x Redsbaby JIVE3 Pram (value of $899).
- Competition Period: 1st January 2020 and March 15th 2021.
- Entry: All registrations submitted between 1st January 2020 and March 15th 2021 will be automatically entered into the draw (note: this only includes participants who have stated that they will have kids attending).
- Claiming the prize: The winner will be announced via social media and contacted via phone and email. The winner will be responsible for confirming their child's age/s. The winner MUST have a child under the age of 3 years. Miracle Babies Foundation will draw the winner on Tuesday March 16th and the winner has until Thursday 17th March to respond. If the winner does not meet criteria, then another winner will be drawn. The prize will be presented to the winner at the Miracle Moon Walk on Saturday 27th March, 2021, after the Welcome Ceremony and before the walk commences (between 5.30-6pm). The winner on accepting the prize agrees to:
- Be photographed with the pram at the start line at the Miracle Moon Walk, as the walk commences.
- Photographs from the event being used by Redsbaby on their channels, including social media.
- Provide proof of child's age (if requested)
- Promoter Details: The Promoter is Miracle Babies Foundation of 1/1-13 Childs Rd, Chipping Norton NSW 2170 ABN: 14137434596.